Our mathematics laboratory provides opportunity to understand and internalize the basic mathematical concepts through concrete objects and situations. In this area one can experiment and explore pattern and ideas. Here one can find collection of games, puzzles and other teaching and learning material. The materials are meant to be used by students on their own and under the guidance of teachers to explore the world of mathematics, to develop, to learn and produce an interest in mathematics.
The activities of our maths lab create interest among students for this subject. The activities are appealing with different grades of classes and varying mathematical proficiency. These activities gives children an experience of doing mathematics. Our activities take students beyond the curriculum.
Our lab is equipped with following materials for students.
- Flash card on place value.
- Fraction and decimal Kit.
- Judo straws for describing 3D shapes.
- Ganit mala for number line, integers and other mathematical concepts.
- Dummy currency to learn earning, saving and spending and connect with realistic ideas.
- Clock to learn hours, minutes, seconds and angles.
- Measuring scale for conversion.
- Protactor, Compass, ruler, divider to understand types of angles.
- Tangrames shapes for small children.
- Other informative charts on different kinds of mathematical concepts.
- Geo board
- 3D model
- Paper folding and cutting by origami sheets to understand different concept of measurements, symmetry, exponents etc.